Buy cheap PSN & XBL games at CD Keys
Page 1 of 30 12311 ... LastLast
    Iconic Superstar

FIFA 24/7 Silver Supporter

Supports
    You !

The Official Beer Thread

I've wanted to do this for a while now but believed that most here are under age to drink. Andy's thread gave me the nudge to post it.
    While I don;t do drugs, I do like an occasional pint. I love to sample new beer. We have a Sports Bar about a mile away that serves many different imports. Also next to this bar is a place called 'Total Wine'. That - is the mecca. They too have many different beers to sample (as well as other libations).

I have recently discovered Scottish Ale. Innis & Gunn as well as Belhaven. They have a few different varieties that are 'finished' in rum casks and have a nice vanilla after taste. They are quickly becoming my favorites.
    I love Guinness & Newcastle.
    I tried Chang as they are Everton's sponsor and I LOVE the beer. It has a faint hint of cinnamon.
    We've also been digging Stella Artois.

If you are old enough - try these. If you have something for me to try - by all means, let me know.

"...every match makes me want to go outside and find a tree to have a fight with." -Rye

World Player of the Year

FIFA 24/7 Bronze Supporter

Supports
    Inter
    Does they even taste different?

Iconic Superstar

Supports
    You !
    Quote Originally Posted by DieorBye View Post
    Does they even taste different?
    Yes. To the casual observer, both of those Innis & Gunn would taste similar however if you had a sip of Innis then a sip of Chang - you would definitely taste the difference.
    "...every match makes me want to go outside and find a tree to have a fight with." -Rye

World Player of the Year

Supports
    Inter
    Quote Originally Posted by The Other Leo View Post
    Yes. To the casual observer, both of those Innis & Gunn would taste similar however if you had a sip of Innis then a sip of Chang - you would definitely taste the difference.
    Okay, I've tasted Heineken and I think it tasted like soap I guess I am no beer man!

Player of the Month

Supports
    Manchester United
    Now this is a thread worth me posting on, a topic that I know a lot about

I have grown through many phases of my life, and now in my 33rd year, I have been drinking since about 17 (yes, I was a late one). Originally starting on Stella (aka "Wife Beater") then moving onto concoctions that included the "turbo shandy", which was Half a Stella and a bottle of Smirnoff Ice (tastes like a shandy but is a mind **** after a few). I have since moved onto Ciders, vintage of course (don't touch the cheap common ****e) and I know this isn't a "cider" thread, but some worthy of mention are "Old Rosy", a nice 7% cloudy cider, and "Katy" is another - awesome on a hot summer's day.

Currently I am into my ales, these are a few of my tipples:

Lastly, when out and about I like to look out for this one:

My all-time favourite lager EVER! Either that, or whatever Ale is guesting in the pub or a Guinness

+rep for the thread @The Other Leo

Iconic Superstar

Supports
    You !
    Thanks for the +rep!
    I've had Old Hen however not 'Crafty'. I THINK that Total wine has it and I'll try it. My wife likes the Ciders at a local pub we go to (Horse & Jockey). And I will definitely look out for the Victory.

Administrator
    Supports
    Fair Play
    I don't have a clue on this subject. 27 years old but I've ever liked the taste of anything alcoholic...

All the drinks taste more or less the same to me due to the alcoholic content, other than the heavy fruit juice volume ones which I prefer, but then again I'd rather just simply have a fruit juice drink.

Good thread though Leo and it's nice to see people talk about beers in terms of the quality each of them are. There isn't enough talk like that anymore, especially here in the UK, sadly.
    "The game is about glory, it is about doing things in style and with a flourish, about going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom.
    - Danny Blanchflower

YouTube.com/Ry3Productions

World Class Player

FIFA 24/7 Gold Supporter

Imported Chang is just not the same.

Go to Thailand and drink it there, tasty stuff and the ABR % is random... one night you can have 3 and be fine then the next night be very drunk!

Iconic Superstar

Supports
    You !
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Imported Chang is just not the same.

Go to Thailand and drink it there, tasty stuff and the ABR % is random... one night you can have 3 and be fine then the next night be very drunk!
    Me - Hey hon...goin' out with the boys for a pint at Thailand's .
    Wifey - Oh? Is that a new bar in town?
    Me - Uh - er....sorta. Be back in a few - days.

Actually, she'd like to go. She's into pumpkin beer. She does her beer reviews on her forums as well. People must think that we're lushes but we're not. We like to sample different types of beer. I just can't get into the pumpkin (or fruity) beer.

@Rye.
    Beer is definitely an acquired taste however there are so many now that appeal to as many different tastes.
    I was a little hesitant starting the thread . I definitely don't want to encourage under age drinking.

Key Player
    Supports
    Shamrock Rovers
    Under age to drink I Don't Think so ...