Buy cheap PSN & XBL games at CD Keys
Page 42 of 42 FirstFirst ... 32404142
    Iconic Superstar

FIFA 24/7 Platinum Supporter

Supports
    Chelsea
    Quote Originally Posted by CROOK-91 View Post
    I'll join you on your quest for that Portal 2 platinum trophy one day if you haven't found a replacement for me already
    Yeah, yeah.

I've been meaning to do it locally with my son, but never get around to it. Not sure I can even remember how to play it. I assume the servers are still up since it's a Steam game.

Iconic Superstar

Supports
    Chelsea

#124 The Sexy Brutale

An interesting 'Groundhog Day' concept, although some of the puzzles gave me a headache solving them. One had me interacting with 4 statues, but I kept getting lost on the way back to the fourth & had to restart the day. This meant, of course, I had to redo all the stuff I'd previously done.

But still, great music (got the Special Edition which included the soundtrack), intriguing story & decent graphics (reminded of Professor Layton on the DS ) meant it was an enjoyable plat'.

Iconic Superstar

Supports
    Chelsea

#125 Valley

Took a chance on this one; saw it in the sale & liked the concept. Turned out to be a pretty good, erm, FPS. Except it's not really a FPS, or is it? The idea is that you're wearing a suit that makes you immortal. So if you die, the suit draws energy from the valley by killing something to give it to you. You can give that energy back, but if you die too many times in a row the valley will die: Game Over.

Even the collectible grind wasn't so bad, aside from the one last Acorn Door I just couldn't find!

If you fancy something a little different, this might be worth a look.

Iconic Superstar

Supports
    Chelsea

#126 Knee Deep

As you know I love the unusual. often oddball games from the Indies, but sometimes one pops up that makes me wonder if it's even a game. Virginia was one of those that I played a while back & this is another.

Basically, you're watching a theatre play on a huge rotating stage whilst controlling the action. Although, that's stretching it somewhat. You merely make response selections to push the narrative along on what is pretty much an 'on-rails' story.

That said, the concept was interesting & it was a relaxing game to play. Whilst I don't have a problem with interactive stories per se, my first playthrough was intriguing, but you have to play through Act I three times & Act III twice to get all the trophies. So it ended up becoming rather tedious.

Iconic Superstar

Supports
    Chelsea

#127 Psycho-Pass Mandatory Happiness

I'm a fan of some Anime & my son recommended this when we saw it on offer in the PS Store I found a Special Edition on Amazon, so I figured "Why not?"

First playthrough as interesting, but it went downhill fast after that. Checking PST showed that there where loads of alternative endings, many of which you didn't get a trophy for, but needed to unlock scenes that unlocked a trophy. By the end I was practically catatonic.

To make it even more stupefying, you have to play a mini-game to earn points to unlock extra content. Now the game was actually quite challenging good fun, but had huge difficulty spikes. So you could end up stuck on a level. You need 650k points or so to unlock everything & can earn 12k-16k for completing a level, but if you can't complete it, you'll only get around 200 points! So you can imagine how frustrating that was.

I need something more exciting & involving to do now, so I'm popping outside to watch me newly seeded lawn grow.

Iconic Superstar

Supports
    Chelsea

#128 Minecraft: Story Mode

Not one of TT's best episodal games, but quite good fun; especially if you enjoy Minecraft. I'd d/l ep'1 some time ago & been keeping an eye on the price. Best price was on Amazon @24, but I figured it would be discounted on PSN at some point. Originally this was released with a pass for 5 episodes (20), before they released 3 more as an additional pass for 10. So I was very pleased to spot a 7 day discount for the Deluxe pass (1-5 + 6-8) for 12.

The first 4 eps were pretty routine, but ep'5 was really enjoyable. I would have had the plat' a few days ago, but my daughter was enjoying watching me play it, so I had to wait for her. Makes the game a tad more entertaining hearing her laugh at the weak jokes (but I must confess it did raise the odd chuckle from me).

Although I have the plat' I still have 3 more eps to play to get 100%.

Update:
    Completed the additional 3 eps now & they were great fun. Well worth the price just for these last 3. The first 4 eps seemed a bit dull & predictable, but the last 4 felt there was much more of a story to them.
    Last edited by Xemik; 1st June 2017 at 01:05 PM.

Iconic Superstar

Supports
    Chelsea

#129 Everything

Another oddity, which starts slowly, but could become an OCD nightmare.

Rather bizarrely, the game will play itself if you let it idle & you still get trophies while it's doing so.

Iconic Superstar

Supports
    Chelsea

#130 WRC 5 (PS3)

A surprise plat' on the free PS3 PS+ offering!

I've never really been into rally games but this was an enjoyable game up until the point it kept freezing on the German 3rd stage near the end of my third season. I had to delete my save & start another Career to get that last trophy.