Buy cheap PSN & XBL games at CD Keys
Page 43 of 43 FirstFirst ... 33414243
    Iconic Superstar

FIFA 24/7 Platinum Supporter

Supports
    Chelsea
    I just noticed I've racked up 500 games with 210 completed. Well, that's 500 in which I've earned a trophy anyway. Not sure if I should be proud or embarrassed.

But still, being at 3533 in the world out of 3.1m on PST has to be some kind of achievement, right? And in the top 400 in the UK, too.

2. The Following User Likes This Post:

Rye

Iconic Superstar

Supports
    Chelsea

#133 Late Shift

Did I say Elite Dangerous had stopped my trophy hunting in its tracks? Well, it was 'offer update day' on the Store yesterday, so I had to take a look at what's new and picked up this interesting looking game.

It's a live action, interactive-movie game, which I found pretty compelling. For the most part I thought the acting was very good & the special FX quite well done. This is likely because, as far as I can tell, this is the game version of an actual movie release where the audience chose the outcome of pivotal scenes.

Very enjoyable & entertaining centred around the theft of a Chinese rice bowl. Who knew such a small thing could cause so much fuss?

If you enjoy crime thrillers, I highly recommend this game. It's well worth a look at the price. Seven films for the price of one? Not quite, but let's not be picky.

Only one (minor) downside is that you have to watch one or two lengthy scenes so you can make an alternative decision to get a different outcome.

Iconic Superstar

Supports
    Chelsea

#134 Nightmares from the Deep 2: The Siren's Call

The sequel to a plat' I got a few months ago. The '2' was a bit of a give away, eh?

Maybe I've got better at these, but this seemed much easier. I didn't have any problems doing a Mahjong in under a minute this time.

Iconic Superstar

Supports
    Chelsea
    Seems appropriate to post this The world of the PS4 trophy hunter here

I'm pretty much with Dark_Tooth69, in that I've discovered many superb games because of my trophy hunting. Most (all?) of which I'd never have looked at, but for a discounted price & trophy list. Valley in particular was a pleasant surprise. Also bought some real duds, but you can't win 'em all.

However, I won't force myself to play through a horrible game just for the plat'. Unless it's quite short & achievable quickly. Orc Slayer & Eeekeemoo, I'm looking at you!

But one quote form him made me laugh. "There are also players who won’t buy a game just because it doesn’t have trophies… that makes no sense to me.” It's pretty simple really. There are so many games out there, we have to have some way of filtering them out. A game would have to be very, very good for me to play it without any trophies.

Iconic Superstar

Supports
    Chelsea

#136 Eventide: Slavic Fable

Another hidden object/puzzle game. Enjoyed this one, especially as I didn't have to replay it to complete silly Mahjong games. Also, though some puzzles were tricky, they weren't nearly as obscure as others I've played, so it was much less frustrating.

Iconic Superstar

Supports
    Chelsea

#137 Enigmatis 2: The Mists of Ravenwood

Sequel to Enigmatis: The Ghosts of Maple Creek, but you knew that, right?

I seem to be getting addicted to these hidden object games, but on the plus side, they also seem to be getting better. I really enjoyed this one & judging by the ending, I have Enigmatis 3 to look forward to.

Iconic Superstar

Supports
    Chelsea

100% The Turing Test

Not a platinum this time, but this seems like a good place to share...

I've just finished The Turing Test & it was a thoroughly enjoyable game. It's a 3D puzzler, with puzzles that are often complex, without being obtuse. The game is broken down in to Prologue, 6 chapters & Epilogue. Each chapter has 10 main puzzles and a side puzzle. Out of these, I only got really stuck on one. That doesn't mean they are all easy (some are), rather that they are quite logical, and solvable with some trial & error and a bit of lateral thought.

Often the solution made me smile & think that the devs were being quite sly. Many of the last chapter (Sector G) puzzles where particularly clever & rewarding to complete.

The story was a tad predictable, but interesting enough to make you want to push on and a nice twist near the end changed the game dynamics to introduce new techniques.

If you enjoyed Portal you'll probably like this. It's not as polished, but don't let that put you off.

Iconic Superstar

Supports
    Chelsea

#139 Energy Balance

After completing the bizarre P&C Dead Synchronicity last week I've just managed to plat' this tricky puzzler.

It's a maths based game where you have to enter the random numbers into a grid so all the columns & rows add-up. Boy, the later puzzles were tough. Had to abandon a few puzzles & start again quite a few times.

Iconic Superstar

Supports
    Chelsea

#140 Swapquest

A neat little puzzle-rpg style game.

The last two bosses were annoying, especially the final one, which you play after you've finished the story. You can't actually fight it earlier, because you get given a random unlock code at the end of the credits.

However, you've got little chance of beating it until you've levelled up your character. In fact, it feels like they added this hidden boss to force you to replay levels & extend the time played. It rather spoils the enjoyment having to spend an extra hour or two replaying the last level to get enough gems to be able to beat the last boss.