Buy cheap PSN & XBL games at CD Keys
  • Login:
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast
    Iconic Superstar

FIFA 24/7 Platinum Supporter

Supports
    Chelsea
    Dammit, I caved!

Shop.to are doing PES 2018 Premium for 35 & I know I found it elsewhere for that & cancelled it, but...

...I intended to buy it when it dropped in price, but then some of the folk playing it now reckon it's nothing like the demo. (No, surprise there then?). So I got to thinking, it won't be at 25 for at least 6 months & do I really want to wait for the sake of a tenner?

So, I def' wouldn't have bought it at full price, but decided at 35 it was worth a punt. Word is that Fifa is likely to be better this year, though, but I struggle to play that now. I was going to wait for the Fifa demo (15th Sep?), so now I'm thinking maybe I should have waited.

Iconic Superstar

Supports
    Chelsea
    Well, well, well, I'm so pleased I did jump. The demo can't be from the same game code. It was utter garbage, but the real deal is astonishing. Sure, only played a couple of games, but if feels like PES & made me smile like PES used to do. I even lost my first game on Regular FFS, but it felt like I'd really lost it, not like it was predetermined (IYSWIM).

I posted my thoughts about the 2 demos on PESFan yesterday:

I just played the FIFA Demo & it's actually pretty good & IMO it's much better than the PES demo in many ways. Smooth modern transitions instead of the awful ZX Spectrum ones on PES. The on pitch view feels clearer & player switching is infinitely better than PES; I never once had to fight to get the right player. And I reckon I'd enjoy The Journey story mode, too.

It played a decent game, too, but it felt somewhat sluggish to me & worse, I missed the ability to select a player from a deadball with L1 and I prefer PES' more intuitive (for me at least) dribbling controls. It promises to be the best Fifa for a few years, but it's not for me.

However, these demos rarely portray the actually release game accurately, so while playing the Fifa demo, a thought occurred to me... What if Konami deliberately release a Fifa-alike demo in the hope it entices Fifa fans to come aboard on the assumption that diehard PES fans will buy it anyway, but on release day we get the 'real' PES game? While they are doing that, EA are likely doing the exact opposite, again knowing full well that most Fifa fans will buy it anyway, but they might be able to sucker over a few PES players."

Iconic Superstar

Supports
    Chelsea
    Well, played a few games now & this could be the best PES for a decade and yet...

...why are the old annoyances still there. It grows tiresome that the refs are so COM biased. Most fouls I concede are because I win the ball from behind & the replay shows I did play the ball. So these tackles aren't allowed, right? Well no, because pretty much EVERY tackle by the COM is from behind & identical to the tackles I get punished for. Isn't it about time someone made a game that actually played fair?

I'm sick of this crap. It ruins an otherwise excellent game. One in particular just now was a sick joke. I had the ball, was trying to fend off an attacker who was climbing all over me. "About time I got one," I thought, except it was given against me! WTF? Watching the replay made me now the wiser &, in fact, you be hard pressed to see a foul by either player.

Why, why, why, Konami?

Iconic Superstar

Supports
    Chelsea
    On a brighter note, I've been having great fun in BAL mode. Decided to try something a bit different this time, so I created a Paraguayan starting out in the Argentinian League (using the on-pitch camera as usual for that immersive feeling. )

Not doing badly with 15 goals, 10 assist in 24 games at LMF. That number was boosted somewhat by two outstanding cup games with 3 goals & 5 assists in a 9-1 aggregate win.

I suspect they'll not be looking forward to their next league game.

5. The Following User Likes This Post:

Iconic Superstar

Supports
    Chelsea
    A good day at the office, eh? My first hat-trick, too. I reckon I need to up the difficulty for the next season, though.

Administrator
    Supports
    Fair Play
    Nice.

Looks like PSNProfiles need to update their banner image for PES2018. Something is very central and doesn't appear right.
    "The game is about glory, it is about doing things in style and with a flourish, about going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom.
    - Danny Blanchflower

YouTube.com/Ry3Productions

Iconic Superstar

Supports
    Chelsea
    In the end, we did the league & cup double, so a pretty good first season & much to my surprise got the South American Player of the Year Award. (Well, that's one less trophy I'll need to grind out!) I really do enjoy playing BAL with the on-pitch camera, but I definitely will have to up the difficulty for the new season.

Not much happening in the transfer market but I have had an offer from Nottingham Forest, so I'm wondering if I should make the move to England.

Iconic Superstar

Supports
    Chelsea
    Despite its flaws (see #133 - there have to be some, right, or why would we buy next year's edition?) I'm starting to think that this could be the best PES in over a decade. I've been keeping up with PESfan recently & took on board a few tips on defending. Now the game is starting to feel more fun to play, even when I lose.

It really feels like you have to understand football to get the most out of it. I posted the following on PESfan a few days ago, that in some ways shows why I prefer PES.

Quote Originally Posted by Xemik on PESfan
    As an aside, I had an incident just now that reinforces why I play PES instead Fifa. In ML COM play an attacker through, GK cuts it out, but is now in 'no man's land' and has to press the attacker out to the wing. So my GK is near the touchline blocking the attacker, who holds up the ball as my defenders join the party.

There's me willing the COM to take a pot shot while me GK is out of the goal, but they faff about. They do eventually try one as my GK is rushing back to his patch, but as he's falling backwards he gets a glove on it to push it into the air for my defender hoof away.

It's the sort of thing you'd see on MOTD &, maybe I'm being unfair, but I just can't imagine seeing anything like this in Fifa.

10. The Following User Likes This Post:

Iconic Superstar

Supports
    Chelsea

Getting to the CL final the hard way. 2-0 down at home, but pull it back to 2-2. Then 1 down away! B.Dortmund here we come.

2 points behind Chelsea in 2nd in EPL with two games left. Doesn't look good, but on the bright side? Tottenham have offered me a job. Think I may pass on that.

As an aside, it looks like my old club Ajaccio have secured a CL place next season. Beginning to think I should have seen the season out with them. Still, I built a good side, promoting them to Ligue 1. Maybe we'll get drawn against them.

Iconic Superstar

Supports
    Chelsea

Well, a 5-0 drubbing of Palace away & Bournemouth beating Chelsea 4-2 sets up a great last day. Can we beat Burnley at home to seal the title?

13. The Following User Likes This Post: