Buy cheap PSN & XBL games at CD Keys
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314
    Iconic Superstar

FIFA 24/7 Platinum Supporter

Supports
    Chelsea
    Dammit, I caved!

Shop.to are doing PES 2018 Premium for 35 & I know I found it elsewhere for that & cancelled it, but...

...I intended to buy it when it dropped in price, but then some of the folk playing it now reckon it's nothing like the demo. (No, surprise there then?). So I got to thinking, it won't be at 25 for at least 6 months & do I really want to wait for the sake of a tenner?

So, I def' wouldn't have bought it at full price, but decided at 35 it was worth a punt. Word is that Fifa is likely to be better this year, though, but I struggle to play that now. I was going to wait for the Fifa demo (15th Sep?), so now I'm thinking maybe I should have waited.

Iconic Superstar

FIFA 24/7 Platinum Supporter

Supports
    Chelsea
    Well, well, well, I'm so pleased I did jump. The demo can't be from the same game code. It was utter garbage, but the real deal is astonishing. Sure, only played a couple of games, but if feels like PES & made me smile like PES used to do. I even lost my first game on Regular FFS, but it felt like I'd really lost it, not like it was predetermined (IYSWIM).

I posted my thoughts about the 2 demos on PESFan yesterday:

I just played the FIFA Demo & it's actually pretty good & IMO it's much better than the PES demo in many ways. Smooth modern transitions instead of the awful ZX Spectrum ones on PES. The on pitch view feels clearer & player switching is infinitely better than PES; I never once had to fight to get the right player. And I reckon I'd enjoy The Journey story mode, too.

It played a decent game, too, but it felt somewhat sluggish to me & worse, I missed the ability to select a player from a deadball with L1 and I prefer PES' more intuitive (for me at least) dribbling controls. It promises to be the best Fifa for a few years, but it's not for me.

However, these demos rarely portray the actually release game accurately, so while playing the Fifa demo, a thought occurred to me... What if Konami deliberately release a Fifa-alike demo in the hope it entices Fifa fans to come aboard on the assumption that diehard PES fans will buy it anyway, but on release day we get the 'real' PES game? While they are doing that, EA are likely doing the exact opposite, again knowing full well that most Fifa fans will buy it anyway, but they might be able to sucker over a few PES players."