Buy cheap PSN & XBL games at CD Keys
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Elite Dangerous

Iconic Superstar

FIFA 24/7 Platinum Supporter

Supports
    Chelsea

If you're thinking of buying this game, you might like to take a look at this offer.

(I thought about putting this in the 'Deals' thread, but it seems more appropriate here since it is quite specific to this game. Unless all you guys are playing War Thunder, of course. )

Iconic Superstar

Supports
    Chelsea
    There's nothing like game balancing to make the m/p more enjoyable, right? And ED has nothing like game balancing in it!

There are a few trophies for m/p so I thought I'd have ago. Team Deathmatch seems the best bet to get my rank up; I can ride on the coat tails of the good players.

So here we are on the start screen with 6 players: 3 at lvl 45-47, 2@5 (me+1) & 1@1. So how does the game split us into teams? All three 45+ on one side & us newbs on the other - 135+ v 11. So yeah, that's going to end well, eh? I don't like to quit but there's no way I'm wasting 15 minutes to get trashed when I can hardly break through a wet paper bag with my current setup.

Iconic Superstar

Supports
    Chelsea
    Don't know how I managed to play so well in this game. We won 23-0!

It occurred to me while waiting for this game to start, that those 3 x 45+ in my last game where all probably in the same wing, which is why the game put them on the same side. This game was almost perfectly balanced according to player level.

Iconic Superstar

Supports
    Chelsea
    Well, I have no idea how ED balances m/p. Just been in match were all the 30+ were on the same side against me on 7 & the other 3 on 3 or less. I know they weren't together because they joined the game I started before I lost connection, then rejoined.

We were holding our own, too. I was doing ok, but it's almost impossible to win in a 1-to-1 against a level 30 player. It's like trying to punch a hole through steel with a pencil while they're firing back with a nail-gun against your paperbag ship.

I reckon I'd got about 6 kills with 3 death before I lost connection again. So no XP or stats. Grrr...

Iconic Superstar

Supports
    Chelsea
    Some systems have a unique commodity such as Lavean Brandy which you can buy to make a huge profit. The further from the home world it is, the more you can sell it for. So I bought 9T of Onionhead Beta Strain (whatever that is) on a whim.

It seems if you travel over 160LY away you can make a maximum profit of 15000CR. I didn't know this when I saw a good price & thought I could make a bit more further on. However, 'further on' it turned out to be illegal & I couldn't sell it! On top of that, I got scanned & fined for carrying illegal goods!

It was another 3 system before I came across a blackmarket where I could sell them. When I did I made a nice tidy 134k profit & two trophies popped. One for selling something on the blackmarket & the other for selling 50,000CR worth.

I just need another trip like that & I'll get the trophy for selling 250k worth of rares, too.