Buy cheap PSN & XBL games at CD Keys
    Key Player

FIFA 24/7 Gold Supporter

Supports
    Everton FC

FIFA Has Become a Joke

Let's go on a rant:

Weekend League has brought out the worst in people. FIFA used to take skill (A very long time ago). Now all it takes is some guy with a full SBC team and strong wingers. I can not even begin to tell you how many times I come against people who literally shield the ball in one spot on the field (Mostly the touchlines) until you press with a second player and then they pass the ball 10 meters up the pitch and hold it again. God forbid you go down a goal... you will literally get out-possessed for the rest of the game and once they shield the ball there is nothing you can do. The community is literal cancer and people do whatever they can just to scrape by. It is so monotonous playing people that use mechanics to their advantage in un-football like ways. There is no fluid movement anymore in FIFA, this makes the old days of LB+Y through balls seem like a walk in the park. Nobody deserves to lose like that and I refuse to join that crap because like always, it won't be a problem in FIFA 18, something else will be. This game has just become so frustrating... I feel like it's getting taken over by waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too many people that don't play actual football. They just watch the spammy YT'ers and say "Ya know what, that looks easy enough". It is infuriating.

Sorry for the rant. You can honestly delete this if you want. This is the only place I can rant where people will know what I'm talking about.

Cheers.

2. The Following 4 Users Like This Post:

Iconic Superstar

FIFA 24/7 Silver Supporter

Supports
    You !
    Quote Originally Posted by D Tom View Post
    Let's go on a rant:

Weekend League has brought out the worst in people. FIFA used to take skill (A very long time ago). Now all it takes is some guy with a full SBC team and strong wingers. I can not even begin to tell you how many times I come against people who literally shield the ball in one spot on the field (Mostly the touchlines) until you press with a second player and then they pass the ball 10 meters up the pitch and hold it again. God forbid you go down a goal... you will literally get out-possessed for the rest of the game and once they shield the ball there is nothing you can do. The community is literal cancer and people do whatever they can just to scrape by. It is so monotonous playing people that use mechanics to their advantage in un-football like ways. There is no fluid movement anymore in FIFA, this makes the old days of LB+Y through balls seem like a walk in the park. Nobody deserves to lose like that and I refuse to join that crap because like always, it won't be a problem in FIFA 18, something else will be. This game has just become so frustrating... I feel like it's getting taken over by waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too many people that don't play actual football. They just watch the spammy YT'ers and say "Ya know what, that looks easy enough". It is infuriating.

Sorry for the rant. You can honestly delete this if you want. This is the only place I can rant where people will know what I'm talking about.

Cheers.
    You're not the only one bro. I wonder if EA will change some of the format next season because so many have complained. Mind you, I've only qual'd for it once and that was over Christmas.
    "...every match makes me want to go outside and find a tree to have a fight with." -Rye

Key Player

FIFA 24/7 Gold Supporter

Supports
    Everton FC
    I just came back to it after taking a break since around October or so. I realize I complained a little too much, but it is because 3 out of 5 games I had played had that type of player. Now I have 9 games left with 11 wins... so I'm not too mad about it. I can beat 90% of people who play normally, but the people who abuse mechanics.... I think I play too aggressive against them :/

Super Moderator

FIFA 24/7 Platinum Supporter

Supports
    Phil Collins
    Weekend league brings out the worst in people and bring out the huge flaws in the game. Shielding is the most overpowered thing in 17 by a mile, if someone runs into the corner and decides to shield then you ain't winning it back on your own, doesn't matter if hes using Giovinco or Lukaku if he's holding L2 then the computer is just gonna block you off, only way to get it back is call a 2nd man over and hope he mucks up the pass.

Funny thing is your right, Shielding will be in the game next year and i guarantee it will be useless because thats the pattern EA do - 'Don't worry we heard such and such was overpowered, so we've made it worthless in the next version, enjoy!'

Quote Originally Posted by Rafa_SLB_ View Post
    Thank you Barcelona

6. The Following 2 Users Like This Post:

Administrator
    Supports
    Norwich
    Spot on ^

I feel like the community is getting worse with each new FIFA which isn't helping.

Long gone are the days of people building 5* brasilver skill teams and just playing UT to have fun and try to score some nice goals. It's just a battle of abusing every flaw in the game it feels like in FIFA 17.

Contain > LT shield > Scoop turn > Low driven shot across keeper...Repeat...
    If you're interested in writing any guides or articles for FIFA 24/7 then let us know!
    contact@fifa247.net

8. The Following 2 Users Like This Post: