Buy cheap PSN & XBL games at CD Keys

View Poll Results: Your thoughts. Choose all that apply.

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • I don't play FIFA anymore

    2 28.57%
  • I play FIFA sometimes

    4 57.14%
  • I'm still addicted to FIFA!

    2 28.57%
  • I am buying FIFA 18

    5 71.43%
  • I am NOT buying FIFA 18

    1 14.29%
  • I am buying PES 2018

    2 28.57%
  • I visit F247 almost every day

    3 42.86%
  • I visit F247 once a week

    2 28.57%
  • I rarely ever visit F247 now

    1 14.29%
  • Butter Gutter Splutter Flutter Nutter Rutter

    4 57.14%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 24
  1. #1
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    England
    Supports
    Fair Play
    Posts
    11,113
    Likes
    2,207
    Points
    Click To Earn!

    Question F247 + FIFA 17 Thoughts

    So as we are closing in on another end to a FIFA title, I thought it would be good to find out everyone's thoughts on this year's game, the series in general and the state of F247.

    How have you found FIFA 17? Do you still play it?

    How often do you still visit F247?

    If you don't post as much as you used to, why is this?


    My personal thoughts are that of disappointment for this year's FIFA, where the series is heading (and has been heading) generally for the last 5 years and that of the current state of F247. Like every year, it's a good football game at its core but it's not an improvement on what was before it and the online experience isn't as fun as what it was 7-8 years ago, for me. I started out with FIFA 17 playing it quite a bit, spending a lot of time in Ultimate Team and Pro Clubs. I usually do this every year and end up mostly just playing Clubs on and off after a few months. I find the stress of playing Ultimate Team to be too much after a while and move onto other things. I think I speak for a few here when I say that.

    It's clear that the forum isn't anywhere near as popular as it was and I'd be interested to know what reasons people have for not being as active. I know from a few of you that you don't play FIFA much anymore, if at all, and that would be a big reason why you don't post as much or even visit the site as regularly. However, F247 has always offered areas of the forum for other topics to be discussed such as different games, sports and life in general. Xemik seems to know this more than anyone.

    What are your plans for FIFA 18? Are you looking forward to it? Are you even buying it?

    I suppose the number of posts in response to this thread will answer some of the questions for me.
    "The game is about glory, it is about doing things in style and with a flourish, about going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom.
    - Danny Blanchflower

    YouTube.com/Ry3Productions

  2. The Following 3 Users Like This Post:


  3. #2
    Iconic Superstar

    FIFA 24/7 Gold Supporter

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Supports
    Birmingham City
    Posts
    6,785
    Likes
    1,108
    Points
    815,000
    The main reason for me not playing FIFA and visiting this site nowadays is mainly lack of time because of university and everything.

    If I played FIFA much more I'd be much more active on here too but I rarely pick up the PS4 controller anymore, sadly.

    I think you're right, FIFA is definitely getting less enjoyable, and there's not enough innovation in the series any more. It was great when on the PSP you had the juggling skills games, and in the REALLY old games I think you had indoor football, and of course there is FIFA street which is an entirely different game. It was amazing seeing FUT being introduced for the first time in 09 too, but it's getting all too stale now with minor changes which really make the game no more enjoyable. They tried revitalising it with the draft, but it would be much better if they got rid of the entry cost and even the prizes if they have to, because I don't really like to spend 15k on something I'll get a few thousand back from, so it's something I never play.

    They're reducing the amount of spectacular goals you can score as well with long shots, volleys, overhead kicks etc. are so infrequent even when the opportunities present themselves to do so. I want a bit of that back. I've probably played something like 600 games still this year yet the amount of spectacular goals I've scored I could count on one hand. The only good goals I can score where you go "wow" are those from mazey dribbles.
    Last edited by Jake; 16th July 2017 at 08:56 PM.

  4. The Following 4 Users Like This Post:


  5. #3
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    England
    Supports
    Fair Play
    Posts
    11,113
    Likes
    2,207
    Points
    Click To Earn!
    Totally agree @Jake.

    How much fun was FIFA 10 for spectacular goals! Man I loved that game. The volleys were awesome and made for some incredible goals. On FIFA 08 I remember scoring a bicycle kick with Modric playing as Croatia in the new 5vs5 Be a Pro mode online. @Jas & @Davo614 might remember.

    The indoor footy was great fun as well on FIFA 96/97. I don't know why they'd never put that mode back into the game again when it was so loved. FIFA Street has never really been like it as you say.
    "The game is about glory, it is about doing things in style and with a flourish, about going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom.
    - Danny Blanchflower

    YouTube.com/Ry3Productions

  6. The Following 2 Users Like This Post:


  7. #4
    Iconic Superstar

    FIFA 24/7 Silver Supporter

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    St Pete, Florida
    Supports
    You !
    Posts
    6,176
    Likes
    859
    Points
    458,000
    I thought 17 was really good. I didn't have that many complaints.
    I'd say that I am still addicted & will be buying FIFA 18. I've not lost interest however some of you guys know me and my many interests. Those other interests might steal some Feef time from me from time to time. In January and February, Madden. But once that obsession was over - Feef straight into it like it was just released. Now I am obsessed with Tour de France and I've not played Feef for two weeks. But once Le Tour is over - back to Feef. This is usually the time I search for a diversion anyway and dabble in shooters. I think that most people may have that feeling this time of year. No domestic footie & stale version of the game. BUT when the new season starts and the new version is advertised - BAM! most get excited again. Even if guys are disappointed in the previous version, we all hope the next one will be great.

    I simply love FIFA247. I still come here every day however I don't post as much because there doesn't seem to be much 'action' - which is sad but I totally understand. We grow up and/or our interests change. Guys go off to University and don't have as much time as they used to (I actually typed this before reading Jake's post ), new games, etc. The influx of new visitors is not as much anymore and/or they're just here to promote their Youtube Channel - which is cool however the dialog seems to waning. I could be wrong about that but this is something that I've been seeing/thinking about for a while.
    "...every match makes me want to go outside and find a tree to have a fight with." -Rye

  8. The Following 5 Users Like This Post:


  9. #5
    Super Moderator

    FIFA 24/7 Platinum Supporter

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Paradise
    Supports
    Phil Collins
    Posts
    6,440
    Likes
    1,852
    Points
    1,448,500
    Hope things are going well at uni @Jake

    I'm still around but like @Leo said It's hard to post when the only threads are youtube advertising, altho i still enjoy @Xemik pics I think its down to people being burned out on 17 as @Rye said, it's not just this forum, reddit, youtube vids etc always have less activity in the summer as people are ready for the next one to come out (18) I personally only play 17 clubs now, I stopped the youtube vids and playing champs months ago because of burn out and it wasn't worth the stress it was putting me through.

    There are some good people on here and I've really enjoyed my time spent on here.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rafa_SLB_ View Post
    Thank you Barcelona

  10. The Following 3 Users Like This Post:


  11. #6
    Iconic Superstar

    FIFA 24/7 Silver Supporter

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    St Pete, Florida
    Supports
    You !
    Posts
    6,176
    Likes
    859
    Points
    458,000
    Most - or all here now know that I have really only been addicted to FUT. I may try Career mode to bridge the gap to '18 but We'll see. Every year, I try CM but then lose interest due to.....wait for it....FUT!
    "...every match makes me want to go outside and find a tree to have a fight with." -Rye

  12. The Following User Likes This Post:

    Rye

  13. #7
    Iconic Superstar

    FIFA 24/7 Platinum Supporter

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    East Yorkshire
    Supports
    Chelsea
    Posts
    7,438
    Likes
    1,357
    Points
    1,405,000
    Quote Originally Posted by Rye View Post
    Xemik seems to know this more than anyone.


    As you all know I'm a lifelong PES fan. Have been since 1999 when I was converted from Fifa. I returned to Fifa when PES was truly awful on the PS3 & met this great bunch of guys on FGN. Had a great time playing Clubs (despite not everyone appreciating my style of play ) till PES returned to form a couple of years ago & I left Fifa once again to play my preferred football game. It's my opinion that PES is a better game then Fifa these days, but I don't want to lose touch with you great guys who prefer Fifa (however deluded that may be ).

    So, obviously, my lack of Fifa playing means all of my post are related to pretty much anything BUT Fifa. I suspect anyone who's known me for more than 5 minutes knows I'm a bit of a trophy whore, so I like to share my experiences of all the games you've all never heard of. Although, Elite Dangerous has stopped my trophy hunting in its tracks. It's the first game for a long while that I want to play that I'm not really bothered about trophies on, but it would have been really great if we could form a wing of F24/7 members to potter around the universe together.

    So I feel we need to expand beyond Fifa & embrace other multiplayer gamers as group. Or we could play co-op together on PES 2018. That would be great too.
    Last edited by Xemik; 18th July 2017 at 11:33 PM.


  14. The Following 2 Users Like This Post:


  15. #8
    Iconic Superstar

    FIFA 24/7 Platinum Supporter

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    East Yorkshire
    Supports
    Chelsea
    Posts
    7,438
    Likes
    1,357
    Points
    1,405,000
    Quote Originally Posted by Rye View Post
    The indoor footy was great fun as well on FIFA 96/97.
    I don't understand why neither major football game has brought this back. Fast & furious 5 aside must be a winner surely? Mind you, I've still not forgiven Konami for removing player manager a few years ago.

    Quote Originally Posted by Leo View Post
    I simply love FIFA247.
    Me too; it's why I keep posting here. However, I do wonder at times if people are fed up with seeing my nonsense. Especially, the 1K/plat' thread since no one else seems to post on that one. Well, ok, maybe not that one. It's not my fault a nearly pensioner is better at gaming than you youngsters, so it's understandable if you're too embarrassed to post on that one.


  16. The Following User Likes This Post:

    Rye

  17. #9
    Club Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    England
    Supports
    The Arsenal
    Posts
    1,459
    Likes
    231
    Points
    39,000
    Quote Originally Posted by Rye View Post
    On FIFA 08 I remember scoring a bicycle kick with Modric playing as Croatia in the new 5vs5 Be a Pro mode online. @Jas & @Davo614 might remember.
    Yes I remember it well. A goal of stunning quality.

    Seems like yesterday we were playing FIFA 08, 09 and 10. FIFA 10 was amazing and the gameplay suited the Pro Clubs mode perfectly with its quick, slick gameplay and solid accurate passing. No contain nonsense either so people actually had to defend themselves and that's where our quality always shone through as we ripped teams to shreds on a regular basis. It was just a joy to play.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rye View Post
    Tea drinking god. Slipper wearing boist.

  18. The Following User Likes This Post:

    Rye

  19. #10
    Iconic Superstar

    FIFA 24/7 Platinum Supporter

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    East Yorkshire
    Supports
    Chelsea
    Posts
    7,438
    Likes
    1,357
    Points
    1,405,000
    Quote Originally Posted by Davo614 View Post
    FIFA 10 was amazing and the gameplay suited the Pro Clubs mode perfectly with its quick, slick gameplay and solid accurate passing. No contain nonsense either so people actually had to defend themselves and that's where our quality always shone through as we ripped teams to shreds on a regular basis. It was just a joy to play.
    I think 10 was when I returned to Fifa & started playing clubs. I played for an African club which was in the top 400 in the world at the time, which regularly fielded 6+ players. I played DMF, but then the owner's mates started getting preferential treatment & us regulars started getting shoved out of position. I got moved to LB, but having played that in RL I was pretty good there & frequently got MOTM.

    Of course results started to suffer until one day half the team had been kicked out. I checked back a while later & the club had plummeted down the rankings to below 4000 or so.

    I suspect that was when I discover FGN, or it discovered me. I can't remember, but did you send invites out back then?


  20. The Following 3 Users Like This Post:


 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •