Buy cheap PSN & XBL games at CD Keys

View Poll Results: Your thoughts. Choose all that apply.

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • I don't play FIFA anymore

1 16.67%
  • I play FIFA sometimes

4 66.67%
  • I'm still addicted to FIFA!

1 16.67%
  • I am buying FIFA 18

5 83.33%
  • I am NOT buying FIFA 18

1 16.67%
  • I am buying PES 2018

2 33.33%
  • I visit F247 almost every day

3 50.00%
  • I visit F247 once a week

2 33.33%
  • I rarely ever visit F247 now

0 0%
  • Butter Gutter Splutter Flutter Nutter Rutter

3 50.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    World Class Player

FIFA 24/7 Silver Supporter

Supports
    A.S Roma
    I'm late to this thread, but having read through everyone's post, i'm pretty much in agreement!

For me personally, this site has been honestly brilliant. Although I have never put faces to the names, I have always felt this easy, comfortable connection when I'm on F247. It's like walking into a room where right from the off, nobody judges. To me, that's priceless.

I've even had the opportunity to meet a fellow member face to face a couple of years back, and that was a pretty awesome experience.

I visit the site on and off, and I'm always happy to see it still here when I do visit. Puts a smile on my face. That's no joke.

In terms of FIFA, I'm still playing on and off, it's mostly the competitive FUT champs edge which sometimes pushes me to do better. I'll be buying FIFA 18, like a hopeless romantic.

2. The Following 4 Users Like This Post:

Administrator
    Supports
    Norwich
    It's been a weird year regarding the forum and FIFA for me. I was pretty ill in November and didn't play any video games or visit the site for a good few months it felt like, and when I did come back I was completely out of the loop with all things FIFA and let the place slip with not posting TOTWs and general FIFA news that I would usually do and tweet out to try and bring new visitors in.

It's also incredibly hard to grow a forum it seems with the likes of reddit/twitter being so popular. We haven't even been able to run UT tournaments like we use to due to fear of people getting accounts banned for EA possibly thinking its coin selling/buying.

When it comes to FIFA 17 I absolutely hated the gameplay the first few weeks and it's been a disaster with my connection FUT is just an unplayable lagfest and clubs hasn't been much better which obviously hasn't helped me in trying to enjoy it.

I'll still buy FIFA 18 in the hope of it being fun and fine with my connection.

sorry for poor spelling or grammar on iphone typing with sausage fingers.
    If you're interested in writing any guides or articles for FIFA 24/7 then let us know!
    contact@fifa247.net

4. The Following 5 Users Like This Post:

Iconic Superstar

FIFA 24/7 Platinum Supporter

Supports
    Chelsea
    Might this be the right time to start PES247.net?

Joking aside, I think so little has changed in football games in the past few years that people are getting bored. It's really infuriating to see the Next-Big-Thing is something they removed from a game a few years earlier. EA's move to add a story mode was a good move, but I reckon adding the ladies' football was just a cynical marketing ploy to ride on the back of the women's world cup.

A decade ago there really wasn't anything with the same staying power as a football game & there weren't so many other high quality games to distract football gamers. Now, though, there are many new IPs that are vying for our pennies.

6. The Following User Likes This Post:

Jas

Administrator
    Supports
    Norwich
    They just try to make football games so realistic now that it sucks the fun out of them imo. I use to always think people played footy games to score lots of goals, now it's to go park the bus from kick off and play for a 1-0 win.

/dab
    If you're interested in writing any guides or articles for FIFA 24/7 then let us know!
    contact@fifa247.net

8. The Following 4 Users Like This Post:

Iconic Superstar

Supports
    Chelsea
    Quote Originally Posted by Jas View Post
    They just try to make football games so realistic now that it sucks the fun out of them imo. I use to always think people played footy games to score lots of goals, now it's to go park the bus from kick off and play for a 1-0 win.

/dab
    I've never played football games to score lots of goals per se. Sure I want to score great goals, but they have to be earnt. I get more pleasure out of those scrappy 0-0 wins against a much better team than the 'easy' wins. I even don't mind losing those games where I've played really well & lost 1-0 to a stupid goal, so long as it feels 'fair'. What really annoys me are those games where it just doesn't play fair. This is what really breaks the modern games for me. They try so hard to make themselves 'accessible' that they make it easy for everyone to be a star. It panders to that 'buy-to-win' mentality that seems so prevalent these days. Don't bother learning how to play the game well, the game will make it easy for you by helping out.

Back in the day, when I got a new PES, I'd be lucky to score a goal in my first 10 games or so on Pro, let alone win. After a few months I'd be getting a few wins on Superstar. So to win 3-0 in my first game really makes me wonder why I bother getting the new version. It's lost the challenge; it's almost pointless bothering. If it wasn't for the fact I like playing these football games, I probably wouldn't.

Iconic Superstar

FIFA 24/7 Gold Supporter

Supports
    Birmingham City
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    Hope things are going well at uni @Jake
    Yeah all good over here cheers Andy, deep into my overdraft but apart from that doing alright!

Forgot to say, I'll still be getting FIFA 18 as well, as tradition as much as anything, but can't imagine I'll be playing it as much as I did FIFA 09 to about FIFA 13. There was just something about the game that was addicting rather than just purely stressful. Would love to get back into clubs which probably tops all the other game modes in terms of replay-ability, but obviously there needs to be some organisation around it getting people on and stuff. Think I'd love to have a 5-a-side game mode similar to clubs but whereby it plays similar to FIFA Street so you can just have fun with it instead. Like a proper futsal mode.

Iconic Superstar

Supports
    You !
    Quote Originally Posted by Jas View Post

/dab
    I've always said that they need a button for "Sim" or "Arcade". As well as lounges. If you want to play a video game stlye against someone - Arcade. If you want to play realistic against someone - Sim.
    Last edited by Leo; 25th July 2017 at 09:06 PM.
    "...every match makes me want to go outside and find a tree to have a fight with." -Rye

12. The Following User Likes This Post:

Jas

Iconic Superstar

Supports
    You !
    This site has been so much more for me than just talking about FIFA. I've learned so much from you guys here about the game itself (not to mention other video games). I think that the guys here right now - and who have posted on this thread have been here from the beginning and have pretty much become "friends". The core of guys here now, that have stuck around are the same guys that I'd call to go have a pint with if we all lived closer. "Hey guys - I'm headed over to Pub Feef. Wanna join me?" And some will come around when '18 comes back out. Just like those friends that you only see over the holidays. I don't think I articulated that very well but I hope you know what I mean.

This site is like our pub.
    "...every match makes me want to go outside and find a tree to have a fight with." -Rye

14. The Following 4 Users Like This Post:

Iconic Superstar

Supports
    Chelsea
    Quote Originally Posted by Leo View Post
    I've always said that they need a button for "Sim" or "Arcade". As well as lounge's. If you want to play a video game stlye against someone - Arcade. If you want to play realistic against someone - Sim.
    Or how about having the full game as a sim, but bring back 5-a-sde for when you want some kick around fun?

Administrator
    Supports
    Fair Play
    Just a quick notice to let you guys know that the hosting for F247 has been renewed for another year.

Those who have used our CDKeys link, as well as the couple donations received last year have pretty much paid for this alone. So you guys have basically kept the site going for another 12 months. Much thanks and appreciation for this - it shows what one small affiliate link can do for a website over the course of a year.

CDKeys Thread
    Donations Thread

Thanks guys.
    "The game is about glory, it is about doing things in style and with a flourish, about going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom.
    - Danny Blanchflower

YouTube.com/Ry3Productions

17. The Following 3 Users Like This Post: