Buy cheap PSN & XBL games at CD Keys

Thread: FIFA 18 beta

Super Moderator

FIFA 24/7 Platinum Supporter

Supports
    Phil Collins

FIFA 18 beta

Anyone get a code? they were sent out today!

I got one for pro clubs so if anyone would like to team up then let me know

Quote Originally Posted by Rafa_SLB_ View Post
    Thank you Barcelona

2. The Following 3 Users Like This Post:

Iconic Superstar

FIFA 24/7 Gold Supporter

Supports
    Birmingham City
    Doesn't look like I have (again )! Any differences you notice?

Super Moderator

Supports
    Phil Collins
    Quote Originally Posted by Jake View Post
    Doesn't look like I have (again )! Any differences you notice?
    Damn

Doesn't start until tomorrow so just pre downloading atm, think it starts around 5.

Thank you Barcelona

5. The Following User Likes This Post:

Administrator
    Supports
    Fair Play
    Yeah I got one too, also for Pro Clubs. They know me well.

First time I've ever received one from them.
    "The game is about glory, it is about doing things in style and with a flourish, about going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom.
    - Danny Blanchflower

YouTube.com/Ry3Productions

7. The Following 3 Users Like This Post:

Administrator
    Supports
    Norwich
    Also got one for clubs.

33gb tho seems a ridiculous size for a beta.
    If you're interested in writing any guides or articles for FIFA 24/7 then let us know!
    contact@fifa247.net

9. The Following 3 Users Like This Post:

Administrator
    Supports
    Fair Play
    First impressions of Clubs on the beta are really good. It plays well, passing is very quick and fluid but perhaps a little bit too easy at times leading to easy ping-pong passing. The tempo is a bit faster because of this.

Obviously the hand-holding in regards to defending with contain and AI assistance is still there. Disappointing and expected, but the gameplay is quick at least which helps to counter this.

In most respects it feels like FIFA 17. Obviously you can tell it's a different football game but there hasn't been the drastic difference in gameplay like we've had a few times in the past. Some years it has taken a while to get used to the different style but for me I've been able to pick it up and play it like I last played 17. Not much has been unexpected in comparison to what would happen in 17 in terms of player movement, agility, passing, shooting. Shot feints have been modified again however and on first impressions appear slower, although still effective. Free kicks feel the same as 17.

The penalty kick system seems to have reverted to old type. I've only taken a couple so far but it looks as though it's gone back to what we had before 17.

Our club is currently ranked in the Top 100 on the beta and undefeated with a 8-4-0 record, playing with @Andy and a couple games when @Jas joined us.

The best new thing about the game for me is the implementation of roles you can now assign in Clubs. Many of us who have played FIFA mostly only for clubs have wanted this to be in the game for years. It's been long overdue but great to see it finally here. Set pieces are a massive part of the game, so to be able to have them assigned pre-game for the player to be able to take them straight away is going to lead to far more goals and more organised play.

"The game is about glory, it is about doing things in style and with a flourish, about going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom.
    - Danny Blanchflower

11. The Following 6 Users Like This Post:

Super Moderator

Supports
    Phil Collins
    I'm really enjoying it

I'll do a detailed review once the beta has finished but @Rye summed it up better then I ever could.

Quick little not on Stamina, that has been drastically improved so your player isn't dead by 70 minutes which is great for everyone.

Thank you Barcelona

13. The Following 3 Users Like This Post:

Club Legend
    Supports
    The Arsenal
    Quote Originally Posted by Rye View Post
    The best new thing about the game for me is the implementation of roles you can now assign in Clubs. Many of us who have played FIFA mostly only for clubs have wanted this to be in the game for years. It's been long overdue but great to see it finally here. Set pieces are a massive part of the game, so to be able to have them assigned pre-game for the player to be able to take them straight away is going to lead to far more goals and more organised play.
    This will make such a difference now and I just cannot believe it hasn't been in Pro Clubs from the very beginning

Great to hear that the passing is quicker. It has driven me mad how atrocious its been in previous FIFA's, and with it feeling so slow and sluggish to reach its intended target its meant that the interceptions were happening far too often and it was just infuriating.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rye View Post
    Tea drinking god. Slipper wearing boist.

15. The Following 2 Users Like This Post:

Administrator
    Supports
    Fair Play
    A final update to my thoughts on the game...

After playing it more and ranking up, naturally it gets tougher and less enjoyable. Unfortunately like with most FIFA releases since FIFA 13, this isn't 100% down to player skill.

It's sad to say but I have to be honest and want people to know my overall thoughts after playing the beta for a week.

Sadly the flaws of the game become exposed more when you reach higher divisions - unsurprisingly really now. Instead of being in a more realistic situation where you play vs anyone and everyone, you get herded into a group of players more aimed at your level on FIFA now, and have done since '13. Many other games have taken this route as well and adopted the skill based matchmaking system. As far as I know, Call of Duty is one of the very few mainstream game series not to do this and remains an experience that puts you into lobbies with people of all skill levels.

Therefore you are basically punished for doing well on a video game. Play well and rank up? Get herded into a group of players at your skill level and enjoy the experience less. It's your fault that you've done well at the game and progressed.

I don't play video games at my leisure and at randoms times in my spare time in order to have a highly competitive, stressful experience in every match. If I wanted that, I'd join an official tournament somewhere. Why has the online experience in so many games become this way? They weren't anywhere near as much before.

This wasn't the case when I played FIFA 08-12 and it is the single biggest and most important change to the series, for me. You could take away contain defending and all the AI assistance within the game and it still wouldn't be a fantastic experience due to the herding nature of the matchmaking system. You would still end up always playing players of similar skill level and rank. It would be like Real Madrid playing vs Barcelona every single weekend. It's not realistic, it would get boring fast and it wouldn't be fun. So why have so many online games become this way now? Well, it might sound strange to say but it's actually to boost sales. If a new player can pick up a game and be protected in as far as they may only play 1 match in the game's lifetime vs a very good player, they are far less likely to be discouraged and turned off from the game. The good players will mostly still buy the game because, well, they're good at the game, have played it for many years and enjoy the type of game that it tries to be. It's clever from the developer & publisher to do this in terms of sales and player reach, but it feels like a big slap in the face to the good player, the loyal player who has bought the game year upon year and stuck by the series.

EA are giving the better players a worse experience each year while focusing on giving the newer players a better one. They are flirting with a massive drop in sales from the loyal players and it makes you wonder when the loyal player decides enough is enough, if they haven't already.

tl;dr; It'll be enjoyable at the start, but the more you play the more the enjoyment descends. What's new?
    - Danny Blanchflower

17. The Following 5 Users Like This Post:

Administrator
    Supports
    Norwich
    I found the beta extremely disappointing. I just hope it was like a 20% complete build or something we were playing.

goalkeepers in pro clubs were just woeful.
    If you're interested in writing any guides or articles for FIFA 24/7 then let us know!
    contact@fifa247.net